11 Jul 2011

FT818 All band portable

Some months back I posted a Photoshop created picture of a possible successor to the FT817, which I termed the FT818. This was NOT a real product but quite a bit of reaction was created, including a few people contacting Yaesu placing advanced orders!!

Such an FT817 successor has still to appear and I'm wondering if this is now likely at all, especially with the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan. It may be worth keeping an eye on the Japanese Yaesu site as new products sometimes appear first in Japan. Despite the less than brilliant HF conditions I still live in hope for a new HF/VHF/UHF handportable from this manufacturer before the Chinese do one instead, at a much lower price.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well the 817s receiver doesnt sound too good to me

plus it might be radio active!!

bit of a joke..

Dave g4dal