13 Jan 2014

More on the Ultimate 3 kit

Hans Summers G0UPL has answered my questions so I am going to buy a kit for 10m WSPR use. As it stands the 10m output is 131mW from a 5V PA supply, but this can  easily be increased. I think 2W is a more useful level. At well under 40 UK pounds including GPS this is good value.

Update 1600z:  the 10m WSPR beacon was ordered today but not the GPS unit which is out of stock. This kit will be a test of my current abilities (building wise) following the stroke.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That makes two of us who will be testing our building abilities with this kit. I already have a GPS module that is compatible with this kit. I'n not sure if it will perform as well as I hope, though, because when I tested it with a GPS test app it didn't receive any satellites from inside the shack - I had to take it outside. I'll have to eait and see.

Julian, G4ILO

Anonymous said...

Thought you might be interested in this. I had signed up to be notified when this additional part became available and just got the notification. The "Ultimate relay-switched LPF kit"

It allows 6 of the LPF modules to be plugged into the Ultimate3 as the same time and to automatically switch between them. It requires a firmware upgrade.

Pretty neat! I've got one on the way.

http://www.hanssummers.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=49&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=265