1 Feb 2014

Retry on 2m WSPR

G3WKW ( Hampshire 135km) and I exchanged 2m WSPR reports eventually a few weeks ago . Since then, Bob has fixed a very stable reference to his rig to remove drift so we are currently repeating the test, this time using vertically polarised antennas. My V2000 vertical has considerably more gain than my horizontal halo whereas Bob has much less gain. We may swap back to horizontal later. Bob is using 10-20W and I am using 2W.

I see G4SMX has spotted a German (DB0XIT) on 2m WSPR this afternoon at 453km and an ON station even copied GI earlier. Despite the strong Doppler, stations ARE managing long ranges on 2m WSPR.

UPDATE 2300z: 2 decodes of G3WKW at 50, then 20W and LOTS of traces with LOTS of Doppler that would not allow  decode. My 2W to halo seen by G6AVK (78km) tonight but no decodes (yet) at G3WKW. These were with horizontal polarisation.

No comments: