20 Feb 2014

RSGB's Bennett Prize

This morning I received a total surprise in the form of a letter from Graham Coomber G0NBI, RSGB General Manager, to tell me they have awarded me the Bennett Prize, G8PF, to "recognise any significant contribution which furthers the art of radio communications" for my article last  year in RadCom on 472kHz earth-electrode antennas.  Sadly, my health will prevent me from picking up the award at the RSGB's AGM in Manchester next month. I was quite amazed and very humbled.

8 comments:

Richard Y. said...

Congratulations on the award Roger.

Tim said...

Congratulations, Roger! This is wonderful news and well deserved!

Tim G4VXE

Roger G3XBM said...

It was honestly a TOTAL surprise to me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Roger, you deserve the recognition. Well done!

John G4LRR said...

Congratulations you deserve it. I re-read your 1975 Radcom article on communications at frequencies below 10 kHz a few months ago. The thing that struck me was how you had predicted the way contacts are made over distances all these years later. Who would have thought we would have the computer software to do it but it's the same principle as a very narrow filter and a chart recorder that your article showed.
I think it's brilliant you've got the award just when you are active using your earth-electrode antenna and getting good results !!

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello Roger, Congratulations on the Award. It's great to write such an interesting article. Enjoy the recognition. 73, Bert

Anonymous said...

Roger,

Congratulations, well deserved indeed.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Roger

Tony G4LLW