8 Feb 2014

Stroke

Walking at Anglesey Abbey today
My recovery from my stroke continues to frustrate me: although walking and swallow continue to improve, I have a feeling of sickness and nausea nearly all the time I am awake. Also I continue to be very clumsy when it comes to building.  Putting screws back in the FT817 case after fitting the TCXO-9 was a nightmare. I dread to think how I'd get on with any substantial building project.  For now, most of my experiments are with the kit and antennas already in place.

Any day now I am expecting the DVLA to tell me I cannot drive for 12 months. Luckily I applied for, and got, a blue disabled badge which means we can park nearer to the entrances at National Trust  places and supermarkets when shopping.

6 comments:

Chris M6CRD said...

You're doing well Roger, it'll take time. I had a bad accident and know your frustration, your body won't rush though. Stay positive, it'll come.

Roger G3XBM said...

Thank you Chris.

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello Roger, every one near you, is glad to have you around. Enjoy the fine things of life, such as your family and of course most of all, the grand children. Enjoy and take your time. Good luck in recovering. 73, Bert

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Bert. I enjoy my family and their unconditional love. Recovery is steady. Walking much better.

G1KQH said...

Its great to know you are here, the enjoyment of the family and hobby continues!

73 G1KQH

TiƩgui said...

Hello Roger,
I'm very happy to see you again. Maybe you feel like that because of the medical treatment. Look Spring is nearly to come. I'm sure you will enjoy it and improve :)