19 Jul 2014

10m WSPR unique reports today (so far)

Currently it is 1712z. These are the unique spots today, so far, on 10m.  Repeat reports are not shown. It has been a decent day on 10m WSPR. I was late starting because of the risk of local storms this morning.
WSPR unique reports on 10m today, so far.
EA5CYA has been coming through for the last hour very well with good signals for 200mW.

Sunspot count is low today (29) and 20-30MHz propagation described only as "fair".  No F2 DX seen here today as yet, and I am not expecting any.

UPDATE 1800z: The risk of storms locally seems to have subsided , at least for now. Overnight I'll still disconnect everything, just in case.

I wonder if there will be Es at some (low) level all year around on 10m?   I suspect that if I leave WSPR running on 10m all year I'll find openings into Europe every week. At the moment, the "common wisdom" is Es is mainly a May, June July phenomenon in Europe with a smaller peak in January. This is probably correct as the peak months  - the question is how common is it at other times of the year?

UPDATE 1810z:  EA5CYA (1376km) has been spotted no less than 8 times since 1636z.

No comments: