7 Oct 2014

21 unique (I think) with 5mW ERP on 472kHz WSPR

As far as I can tell, I have now had reports from 21 unique stations on 472kHz WSPR when using 5mW ERP (or less). A new reporter this evening is G3ZJO (79km). Up to now,  Eddie had been unable to decode me: I was just too weak and in the noise.  Maybe he has improved his RX?  His reports (4 so far this evening) are right on the edge at -28 to -30dB S/N.

My best DX report remains GM4SLV (896km) back in the summer. My best DX reception here on 472kHz is Italy at 1815km some evenings ago.  I have still to receive any stateside stations.

On 500kHz I had far more reports. I think my antenna at the newer QTH is poorer and there are fewer different stations active within my range.

Judging by my results with NOTHING special in antennas and grounds for 472kHz. I can recommend 472kHz WSPR to everyone. Even just a few new reporters  with RX only would be very nice.

UPDATE 2145z: IZ7PDX (1815km) already spotted at 2136z. Very early on 472kHz WSPR.

UPDATE 2212z:  About to reset the PC clock and turn down the TX percentage. I want to have a good chance of copying some decent DX tonight. Conditions look very good so far.

No comments: