8 Jan 2015

My shack

Shack - operating position Jan 8th 2015
As many of you know, I had a cerebellum brain bleed in Sept 2013 which was operated on. I am steadily recovering, but my voice is still poor so I much restrict operations using voice modes for now.  The picture shows the operating position in my shack. As shown, I am using 500mW on 10m WSPR (WSPR-AXE-CW beacon) and 5mW ERP on MF WSPR via a homebrew transverter (just below the clock) and the earth-electrodes in the garden.  MF uses the PC and FT817 whereas the 10m beacon is tiny and needs no PC. The loading coil (above the power meter) is not used with the earth-electrodes. It is used when on MF when loading up miscellaneous other antennas. It is not in use at all currently.

When fit again, I intend to resume field experiments.

Not shown are any of the optical, 136kHz or VLF kit or the bench used for building. The latter is currently awaiting better health again.

1 comment:

Dick said...

Looks good, Roger. We have the same rigs. At least the K1 and FT-817 match. I don't have the room to include the HW-8 and OHR100A at the same time. Right now the two K1 rigs are stacked next to the OHR meter. Hope your health improves. Stay positive. 73 Dick