5 Mar 2015

RSGB Wortley-Talbot Trophy

Well, I was delighted, honoured and surprised, to get a nice letter from the RSGB today. In it, it said I'd been awarded the Wortley-Talbot trophy for my experimental work on over the horizon work at 481THz and the article on this published in RadCom last year.

Sadly my continued ill health means I'll be unable to pick up the award at the RSGB's AGM in London in April.  I just wish my health was better so I could do some field work again soon! Both VLF and optical field work are on hold until I feel better. This year I really really hope I'll manage it.

To be honest this award came as a complete surprise, but I'd happily trade these lovely awards to be back to my old healthy self.

3 comments:

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello Roger, Congratulations with the trophy. It's a pleasure to read the interesting stories on over the horizon work at 481 THz and the tests with VLF.
What you write is very interesting and rather unique. FB.
I hope for you that your health improves, but most of all I hope you enjoy the things that you can do. 73, Bert

gj7rwt said...

Congratulations Roger, well deserved.

73's
De Andy

Mike said...

Well done Roger on your trophy award. It proves experimental work is so important.

Best wishes. Mike M6MAJ