22 Apr 2015

Others - NOT amateur radio

Time and again I have to remind myself that we have very little idea what really goes on in the lives of other people.  On the outside all may appear fine, but inside they are living a real hell.

One of our neighbours, we found out only last week, has breast cancer and her daughter had post natal depression badly.  Both are so worrying.   We sometimes have to pinch ourselves and remind ourselves not to judge other people as we really cannot know all their inner worries. We must never, ever judge anyone. Accept them as humans like us with weaknesses and worries, as well as joy.

I so wish that everyone could be happy, but the human condition is we have joy and sadness. Overall, we have to love everyone as ourselves and be kind to everyone.  Everyone is a mixture of happiness and sadness: they are all vulnerable, just like us.

1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Roger, indeed that is one of the facts of life. Not everyone is lucky enough to stay healthy. But sometimes we forget that in our busy lives. I just visited a neighbour radioamateur who has been diagnosed with ALS a muscle disorder. I didn't knew this the last time I visited him. It's hard to see him this way. He has to stop the hobby and other hobbies he had and I can feel the sorrow he has about that and his life now. 73, Bas