15 May 2015

6m WSPR - real VHF DX

4X1RF (3519km) has spotted my 1W ERP on 6m VHF WSPR already 6 times this morning by 0914z. This is my best DX so far on 6m this season. Probably Es?  There was plenty of European Es about on 6m WSPR very early, but this just possibly could be single hop F2? It is a long way for Es and 4X1RF often spotted me on 6m last summer. Multi-hop Es is the likely propagation although I am surprised no intermediate range stations were spotted.
6m VHF WSPR spots of my 1W ERP by 4X1RF early today
UPDATE 1148z:  As well as G stations this morning I see I have been spotted on 6m WSPR by OH1KK (1848km) and EA4ETR (1325km) both I assume via Es. Funny how both of these would be "real DX" but are nothing compared with the spots from Israel earlier.

2 comments:

xxx said...

Always a pleasure to spot you Roger,thanks for the signals! 73 de Chris 4X1RF

Roger G3XBM said...

Very pleased you were there Chris. Thank YOU. 73s Roger G3XBM