7 Dec 2015

Back to 472kHz WSPR

FR1GZ (9724km) was spotting me this afternoon on 10m WSPR but yet again there were no spots of my 500mW WSPR beacon from the USA. It looks like the declining solar activity is already having an impact. To be honest, I was not expecting to notice this until late next year. DK6UG (633km) also spotted me on 10m WSPR - winter Es?

As it is dark here, I have returned to 472kHz WSPR wth 5mW ERP, although I am on RX 80% of the time. Lots of Europeans being copied on MF with best DX on RX again 995km.

G8VDQ (93km) was copied several times on 6m WSPR by aircraft reflection/tropo earlier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roger- have a look at top band WSPR. Conditions have been great and there are many more stations on now. You might find it interesting to try again...

regards
Alan G8LCO

Roger G3XBM said...

Alan, I tried 160m last year(?) from this QTH and got spots over 1000km. I am more interested in trying some tests on 136kHz. From the old QTH with the wire loop I was spotted at 250km on 136kHz WSPR (again very low ERP). I need to erect a loop for LF/MF work over the winter at this QTH.