31 Dec 2015

ICOM 7300

There is still no news (at least not that I have heard) regarding the UK availability of this transceiver or its price here in the UK with import duty and VAT. All the main dealers are keen to take a deposit to "snag" those who must have this radio as soon as possible at almost any price.

The pattern of new releases seems to be "early bugs" in hardware and software, which are found by the early adopters, which are corrected in later releases. As I have said many times, I think it is a great pity they don't get the 10W version CE approved as it would make a great rival for the FT817 and replacement for the now obsolete IC703.

4 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

A retailer in The Netherlands said that the price will be around 1250 Euros.
http://www.hamnieuws.nl/icom-ic-7300-krijgt-70mhz/
73 PC4T

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I´ll first wait for reviews from users. Though when I bought the Icom IC-706MKIIG it was just out and I can't remember there were any important "bugs". Some minor ones over the years. Hardly call them "bugs". So I hope the Icom-7300 will be rock solid. 73, Bas

Anonymous said...

I don't believe that IC-7300 will rival FT-817. 817 is mainly for /p and not only /p operations hf to uhf. 7300 lacks v/u at same time incorporates sdr technology but I suppose lacks IF output to pc. I'll wait for the reviews of course to be shure for that.

G1KQH said...

http://www.icom.co.jp/release/20151207/

Suggested retail price is 139,800 yen + tax


Happy New Year to you all and the dealers too that can't wait to sell it :-)

73 Steve