29 Feb 2016

Shortwave interval and announcement signals

Nostalgia time!

See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15047843/SWintervalsigs.mp3 .

I first shared this some years ago, but I guarantee these sounds will bring a tear to some eyes.

I cannot recall where I found this recording and I hope the originator won't mind me sharing it here.

These are shortwave interval/announcement signals now long gone. For many of us I think these sounds will bring back happy memories. The communist broadcasters tried hard, but I was more interested in the interval signals than their propaganda. 

No, it is not the same these days.

2 comments:

2E0YJY said...

Delighfull Roger. Heard all of these on my crystal set with spring bed antenna!

Regards

Mike

Roger G3XBM said...

I remember a talk at the Cambridge Club many years ago about QSL card collecting with a crystal set and Martin Mann saying how he had heard HCJB with his. Great fun.