9 Mar 2016

70cm UKAC activity contest last night

Last night was the 70cm UKAC activity contest which is a monthly event organised by the RSGB.  I started out (5W pep) using my 2m big-wheel but swapped to the 2m halo as the match was better on 70cm. This maybe because the coax feeding the halo is far more lossy than that to the big-wheel.  It meant my ERP was even lower because of the feeder loss.

In all I worked just 3 stations before going QRT after less than 1 hour because of my poor voice. There were very few portable stations heard. No great DX was heard or worked on this occasion.

Some of the locals who were doing "search and pounce" such as G2XV. The CDARC station was strong but they were moving so I did not work them. A few others were missed too. I expect there will be more out on hilltops when the weather gets better.

No comments: