16 Jun 2016

More JT65 on 6m

I am still on JT65 on 6m this morning and have been spotted by lots of Gs as well as in Spain and France by Es. I call CQ and try to get into the shack to answer calls. I have a couple of questions.

My questions are:

1. I really want to just beacon sometimes. What should I send that will appear on PSKreporter? Calling CQ when I am really beaconing seems wrong.

2. Is there a convention to call CQ in even (or odd) minutes?

Although I am WSPRing on 10m at the same time, surprisingly I have not been spotted yet on 10m.

On 6m I am now beaconing and sending "B G3XBM JO02" at 1W ERP. This seems to be being reported to PSKreporter.

1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Roger,

1. According to my own experiments (read here http://pe4bas.blogspot.nl/2015/12/beaconing-with-jt-modes.html You could use B G3XBM JO02

2. As far as I know you can choose yourself. However, you could first monitor the frequency to see what time is most or less occupied by signals.

Good luck, and hope to meet you some time on 6m. 73, Bas