4 Jul 2016

July 4th - NOT amateur radio

If I am not mistaken, today is a national holiday in the USA to celebrate independence of the 13 original USA states from the UK in 1776.  I am sure if they wanted to join the UK they would be welcome!

The UK voted recently to leave the EU. Time will tell whether this was a good move or a bad one. We probably have more in common with the USA than the rest of Europe. Certainly we share a common language.

I like Europe but am not a great fan of the EU as an institution. Like many, in many nations, I am happy with a common market but not a federal Europe. The EU has sadly become an inefficient institution which has not added a lot of value in recent years. Although I voted REMAIN, I am not surprised we voted to LEAVE. It is now up to us to forge our way in the world. In some ways being outside the EU is not so bad.

No comments: