10 Mar 2017

Like Marmite - NOT amateur radio

It seems that the latest US president is a bit like Marmite: you either love him or hate him. The fact he was voted as president says a lot about how the people of the USA feel.

Although I like Marmite, I am afraid Mr Trump and his friends are not the sort of people I warm to. Clearly the people of the USA are fed up with politicians and are expecting great things of him. However, I fail to understand how a very rich billionaire can truly represent most in that great country.

On a personal level, I have found all the people I have met from the USA to be warm, generous and kind. I have found the same of those in Russia, Germany and most other nations. There is far more that unites us all than we think.

All I ask is that Mr Trump and his team listen to objective evidence and act on it. If all politicians in every nation did this then the world would be a better place. There is no place for egos in politics. All politicians everywhere are there to serve the people: we elect them and can easily vote them out.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite .

3 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Roger, I never read the wiki page about marmite before, interesting. I love marmite, so does my daughter. My wife hates it. We prefer to eat it on cheese and dutch pancakes. 73, Bas

Don KB2YSI said...

Why group all Americans into the group that voted for him, more did not vote for him than did.

Roger G3XBM said...

Don, please read what I said. A LOT of people in the USA voted for him. He will be judged by how good a statesman he is. So far, I am less than impressed. Many in the USA may think differently. If I lived there, he would not be my choice. Sadly, the final choices were poor ones IMHO. Your electoral system resulted in him becoming president. As they say, "you reap what you sow". He reminds me of a European leader who came to power in the 1930s. In the end he killed himself.